Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer is Sandal Season

Yesterday began the same as any other day. When I went to get dressed though, it dawned on me that I hadn’t upgraded my sandal collection in several season and at this point I was falling way behind. With only one viable pair of sandals left in my closet, it was clear what I had to do. So, after work I grabbed a friend and undertook the important task of getting my open-toed footwear up to snuff. And I thought I’d share with you all some of the styles that were my favorites.
This shoe was the first one to catch my eye upon entering the first of several shoe stores in Soho yesterday. This is the Steve Madden Cabezza Gladiator Sandal in a color style that’s called “Cognac Leather”. The thing that initially drew me to these sandals was just how fashionable they looked without being trite. They really pull off the “warrior chic” look better than most of the other attempts I’ve seen at the same style. But when I put them on was when my knees really buckled. The strappy look went perfectly with my frayed denim shorts, and the fully open toe basically guarantees these shoes will look awesome with any summer style. Plus, the detailed beading and polished studs don’t hurt.
Kate Spade has always been one of my favorite designers because of how basic and reliable her styles are. What I love about the Hula Too Thong Sandal is its understated elegance. The super thin strap and simple leather platform made the lines of my feet look beautiful and delicate. And, the jewel work that connects the T-straps is absolutely gorgeous, adorned with a crystal coral detailing and adding just the right amount of embellishment to this wardrobe staple.
I know what you’re thinking, “Could you have picked a more trendy style?”. Indeed this style from Tory Burch has become a bit trendy, but it’s important to realize that things become trends for a reason. And in the case of the Tory Burch Miller Sandal, it’s for all the right reasons. The signature Tory Burch emblem connects the T-strap to make for a bold look (especially in combination with patent leather). And of course this shoe features all the quality we’ve come to expect from Tory, with cushioned leather insoles, all-leather lining, and flexible rubber outsoles. It’s exactly what you’ll need to always be prepared this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment